At one point online marketing was just a new and different way to market. It opened up a new form of media on which to peddle goods and services. All the leading businesses focusing on how to enhance their social media marketing tips to get more customers.
The ultimate goal of any social media marketing campaign is to drive traffic to a website, increase the visibility of a product, gain more social media followers or find more customers.
Let’s take a look at why your business needs social media marketing to grow and thrive.
Social Sharing Strategy for Best Social Media Marketing
Set Social Media Goals and Objectives
It’s the fastest way to spread the word about a new product, service or news item. A tweet can go viral in minutes and spread a message around the Word faster than TV or other traditional media.
Social media is integrated into everything they do from school, to work, to entertainment, to hanging out with friends.
Conduct a Social Media Audit
before you take steps towards moving further with the business, it would be advisable to first have a look at your present position in the market. Having said that, our first tip advises you to carry out an audit of your current position in the social market.Look at your competitors and analyze how well you have defeated them in the past or have been beaten in the past
Create or Improve Your Existing Accounts
After choosing which social networks are best suited for your small business, build up your social presence on each network, in accordance with your broader business goals and audience. So If you already have existing social accounts, ensure they’re updated to reflect your brand values.
Some general rules that apply to all sites are:
- Use a real photo avoid using animals, places or anything that is not real. Social media is about connecting people and if you want to have a trusted profile you need to get out of your cage and put your face on the web!
- Write a good description about yourself or your company
- Give an indication to users what type of info you will share – Although this is not necessary, I like to read in profiles what kind of info to expect from the particular person.
- Include a link to your website (where applicable) – On Facebook include a link in the ‘About section’, on Twitter and Pinterest in the ‘Website Section’, on Google+ in the ‘Contributor to’ section. In other words, do use your social media profiles for SEO purposes as well.
Decide which Social Media Platform(s) to Use
Not all social media platforms will be suitable for your business and the goals and objectives you’ve set. Below we offer a high-level look at the most popular platforms.
Facebook: The world’s most popular social media network with more than 2 billion users as of September 2017. For more, check out Facebook Marketing: A Complete Guide
Instagram: Instagram’s claim to fame is its visual-centric approach, where successful marketing is based in large part on the aesthetic appeal of the content you share. This platform also boasts the best engagement levels among all social networks at 59 percent, according to the 2016 Bloglovin’ Global Influencer Survey. Related: Instagram SMO Tips
LinkedIn: The world’s largest social networking site for professionals with more than 467 million users. Learn how to put the platform to work for your business with our comprehensive LinkedIn marketing guide.
Twitter: Twitter is renowned for its brevity thanks to the 280-character tweet limit. Our essential guide to Twitter marketing will teach you everything you need to know about tweeting your way to social media success.
Snapchat: A disappearing content platform that’s especially popular with younger demographics.
YouTube: An excellent resource for brands who have the resources to take advantage of the popularity of online videos.
Pinterest: What makes Pinterest unique is its users, who are searching to find ideas for all parts of their lives. This makes Pinterest ideal for driving action, such as a purchase or a visit to your website.
Focus on Relationships
Determining the traits of your target audience is a critical component of market research. Without this information, you’ll have no idea how to appeal to them. You need to know things like age, gender, location, pain points, goals, average income, etc.
Offer value to the people in your community with the goal of building real relationships. Offer value and knowledge. Inspire your communities to connect with you with a foundational goal of achieving their objectives. It is all about them and not you.
When you know your audience then you can know how you can help them be better. How can you help them learn? How can you help them go faster? Work smarter? Be smarter? Share more valuable information with their colleagues, clients, partners, and friends? Figure these answers out and use them to help.
Take Advantage of Social Media for Promotion
Social media marketing continues to become a more crowded space, making it more difficult for most businesses to grab the attention of their ideal customer, much less engage with them there. This is especially true for B2B companies that may not be as sexy as B2C firms.
However, as social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram mature, they’ve become much better at understanding who your ideal customer is. Check out more: A Guide To Optimize Social Media
Choose Quality Over Quantity
These 3 questions are the start of building a strategy, which will allow you to move onto goals, branding and lead generation via social media. Therefore Companies that don’t do this crucial offline work risk wasting time and money online.
- Why am I in this business? It is important to start with this because we often forget the real answer. And hint, hint – money is never the real answer.
- Who is my product/service for? The answer to this should be as specific as possible. If you serve a variety of audiences, you need to make a profile for each. This profile should not only include demographical data like sex, age, and location, but also interests, hobbies, clothing brands, etc. Hence, this will allow you to clearly envision your ideal client(s), establish which social platforms to reach them.
- How does my product/service solve my ideal client’s problem? This is a two-part question as you must first establish the pain points your clients are experiencing. Then, you describe how your product or service resolves those pain points.
Engage with Your followers and Customers
Instead of wanting more and more, be patient and improve your relations with the customers you already have. This way, even if you are not getting more, you can at least ensure that you will not lose some as well.
Targeted email marketing is a great way to engage the audience with your brand. So Sticking to our central theme of the article, and as far as social media marketing is concerned, engaging potential customers could help your business immensely. You can give updates about your brand on social media and keep the interest of the client intact.
Keep Your Eye on SEO
SEO is not going out of fashion any time soon, the majority of people searching for your company on the web still refer to search engines as their first port of call.
If you have a presence in the top positions for keywords the user is searching, then you have a much better chance of attracting more attention and trust for your company. As for utilizing technology: consider a strategy on how to optimize your site’s content to meet Google’s standards for Featured Snippets. Related: Types Of Keywords Needed For Successful SEO: SEO Tips